How to take care of your jewellery and hair accessories
To make sure your jewellery and hair accessories remain in good condition:
- Keep them in a soft pouch or jewellery box to prevent scratches and accidental damage.
- Avoid direct sunlight. Instead, keep your pieces cool and away from the heat of the sun, in a pouch or box, in a cool, dry and dark place.
- For items that are made from non-rhodium plated silver, keep them in an airtight container to reduce the likelihood of damage from tarnishing.
- When cleaning, use a non-abrasive silver cloth and never spray hair products onto hair accessories. Most of our jewellery products are rhodium-plated and won’t tarnish, but due to the delicate nature of hair accessories, the lighter plating requires additional care and attention to prevent possible damage.
- Keep silver jewellery and hair pieces away from products that contain harmful chemicals, such as perfumes, deodorants, tanning products and sun cream.
- Never wear jewellery in a swimming pool. The chlorine in the water will cause your jewellery/hair accessories to become discoloured.
· Always follow the care instructions for freshwater pearls. Freshwater pearls are delicate, porous and can discolour. Once discoloured, the original colour will not return.
How to clean silver jewellery:
All Sarah Vuong silver jewellery and hair accessories come with a non-abrasive silver cloth.
- We recommend you wash our products in warm soapy water, using a soft toothbrush with a light touch – to prevent scratching the metal, pat dry, then finish with the silver cloth.
- To remove marks from hair accessories, use a soft, damp cloth and finish with the non-abrasive silver cloth.
- Never use harmful jewellery cleaning fluids to clean delicate and porous freshwater pearls as they are susceptible to discolouration and damage.